The Valuekeep work centers represent a way of organizing work groups by area, in order to be able to create access restrictions in the operations for allocation of costs to the work orders.
To create a new work center, follow these steps:
- Access All Tasks Menu | Configuration Tables | Assets | Work Centers | Work Centers. The list of existing entities of this type will be displayed;
- Press the “Create new record” button, which is on the upper part of the Work Centers list, to create a new entity. In the work area, a new tab will be opened named “Create Work Center“;
- Fill in the Work Center data. The information to be filled in is organized in tabs.
- General Information – General data for the Work Center: Work Center, Description and Warehouse. The Calendar and Time Schedule fields restrict the availability of the resources associated with the work center and they are used in the creation of Preventive Maintenances;
- Employees – set of users associated with the work center. When a work order and/or its tasks have a work center associated, only the employees associated with that work center will be able to allocate costs and consumptions. It is also possible to specify which employees are in charge of the Work Center.
Associating Assets and Locations with the work center is done in the entity file. To add an Asset or Location to the work center, follow these steps:
- Edit the Asset or Location;
- Add the new work center in the Work Centers tab.