Shutdowns allow the maintenance Technicians and Managers to schedule mid to large maintenance operations on equipment/locations for specific periods of time, in order to optimize their resources. Valuekeep allows to create shutdowns both for assets and locations. To create a new shutdown for an Asset, Location, Asset Route or Location Route, follow these steps:
- Access All Tasks Menu | Preventive Maintenance | Shutdown | Create Asset/Location Shutdown.
- Fill in the Shutdown data. The information to be filled in is organized in tabs.
- General information Here, fill in the general data of the shutdown. Code, Description, Start and End Date/Time of the Shutdown corresponding to the duration of the shutdown. Select the Upper and Lower Limit for which it will be possible to associate preventive and corrective work orders with the shutdown;
- Assets/Locations The Assets/Locations tab has the Assets and Locations which will be placed in the Down state;
- Asset Routes/Location Routes The Asset Routes/Location Routes tab has the Asset and Location routes whose assets and locations will be placed in the Down state.
How to automatically associate preventive maintenance events with a shutdown?
You should set the upper and lower limits of the shutdown to automatically associate preventive maintenance events with a shutdown. When the preventive recalculation service is run, it will automatically associate all events whose date is within the limits set, according to the following rule:
- All events with a date between the lower limit and the shutdown start date or between the shutdown end date and the upper limit are possible candidates to be put in the shutdown interval;
- The events between the lower limit and the shutdown start date will be shutdown, in the first day of the shutdown that allows the event execution at the specified time;
- The events between the shutdown end date and the upper limit will be shutdown, in the last day of the shutdown that allows the event execution at the specified time.
Example: Shutdown Lower limit: 06/01 8:00 Start/End Date: 06/01 12:00 to 10/01 12:00 Upper limit: 10/01 16:00 A shutdown asset/asset route event with the expected date 06/01 10:00 will be put on 07/01 at that same time (10:00). An event with the expected date 10/01 14:00 will be put on 09/01 at that same time (14:00).
|Current State||Next State|
|Pending||Waiting for Approval|
|Waiting for Approval||Approved|
|Waiting for Approval||Canceled|
|001.ASSETSHUTDOWN||Waiting for Approval|